Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Blue Fairy….
My growing-up years included the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, a “Secret Admirer”, other anonymous donors of surprises, and my favourite Auntie. Whenever she came to visit, upon departure she would take my hand in her gloved-one, place a 25-cent piece on my palm, and then fold my fingers over the money,  with a little pat-pat; and the words “buy yourself a little treat”. The memory will always be dear.

How often have we heard - at  funerals for example -  the surprise stories of gift-giving by that certain person to someone who had need. Family members are often astonished at such revelations – “We never knew that!”, they exclaim. 


If you’re a Blue Fairy in secret it’s a lovely way to touch someone who needs help. Keep flitting here and there!

No comments:

Post a Comment