Thursday, September 9, 2010

Peer Pressure

I read a newspaper article awhile ago about when two people, let’s say husband and wife for example; are both in the same kind of business. When one accelerates and excels, the partner is honestly proud and supportive, but underneath those emotions are little niggling pointed thoughts – maybe envy, resentment or just plain irritation. The example in the article was former U.S. President Bill Clinton and Hilary, who was then a Senator.

I participated in an office hockey pool this year, just 20 people. Last year I got whumped, this year I won! But curiously, although it is just for fun, some of my colleagues are not really all that gleeful or even amused.

“Dark horse wins hockey pool” – even if you don’t always have a lot of experience; think of yourself on the race track – when it’s heavy slugging, the track is wet and you can’t seem to get up any speed, keep on putting those hooves down.

No comments:

Post a Comment