Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

Rainy days and Mondays……
 

Part of the lyrics from a tune made famous by The Carpenters. I’m on a song-kick again – humming melodies and trying to fill in the blanks of forgotten words!  If you think back you’ll recall that the rest of the line is “always get me down”.

Daydreaming of those wonderful Laura Secord™ easter eggs that would seriously compromise my dieting efforts has thrown me into a grump slump. No daffodils, wilted crocus and snowdrops who tried too hard too soon, and wet feet  - to say nothing of a driving rain that very nearly spoiled a visit from my exuberant grandsons.  Now they’ve gone home – but for them a vivid memory of inclement weather, soggy clothes, and plans to visit a sugarbush for pancakes and sausages deterred.

The Advance polls are open today for the Federal election –  I’m going to beat the rush  just in case Monday, May 2nd is a wet one too!


No comments:

Post a Comment