Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ole Ole...




Olé! Olé! Olé Olé…feelin hot hot hot!

The soca rhythm song was by Arrow(Alphonsus Cassell) was a Caribbean hit in 1982 – heard and danced to as much now as ever.

I’m also humming this one a lot lately – even sunbathers and beach babies are muttering about the temperatures.….“Hot town, summer in the city – back of my neck’s feelin’ dirty and gritty” – the lyrics composed by Regina Spektor and  made famous by the Lovin’ Spoonful are heard again today on cellphones as a downloaded ringtone. Some of us actually remember when it was originally broadcast, performed as well by Joe Cocker!

I’ve heard it said that the one thing most people everywhere complain about is The Weather. Even in the shade it’s still stifling – with scant breeze. Leaves are drooping, the fire ban in Muskoka is rated as High, and farmers are losing their crops to drought.  One of my colleagues, also a REALTOR® mentioned that even  the water temperature in her pool are too warm to be refreshing..

Young children are fretful, anyone with respiratory afflictions knows it’s time to lay low and be still,  and it’s hard for anyone to get a good sleep. Last night when it was easing a bit, I took my little dog for a stroll. Both of us were panting…The landlord at a nearby apartment building had the lawn sprinklers oscillating a wide swath – and there were four robins flapping and splashing in the droplets!

Meteorolgists say that all of our seasons will be warmer still – so I’m going to take on my Barbados point of view and dance up a storm even though I’m in Bracebridge!   “Olé! Olé! Olé Olé…feelin hot hot hot!”





No comments:

Post a Comment